Compact and lightweight fairleads for the deflection of sheets, halyards and control lines. RopeGlide™ Fairleads feature elliptical hole design, providing high tolerance for rope alignment variation and easy line threading. Smooth hard coat anodised finish available in 12mm single, double & triple and 16mm single versions for optimum deck layout.
- Compact, lightweight and low friction
- Elliptical hole design tolerates alignment variations, makes threading lines easy
- Simple and reliable design
- Low maintenance.
Large Continuous Line Furlers
Ronstan continuous line furlers for racing or cruising now come in two new larger sizes. Both offer standard furling for straight-luff sails such as Code 0, Screecher or Staysail, or can be combined with a top-down adapter for use with soft-luff sails such as coded asymmetrics, Reacher, Runner or Gennaker sails. Series 200 and 280 Furlers are easily adapted from standard to top-down, making them versatile and cost effective.
- Standard and Top-down options
- Advanced Drum Technology
- Maintenance free main bearing system
- Quick continuous line installation and removal system requires no tools
Series 60 All Purpose Block
Ronstan’s All Purpose (AP) blocks are a great all around solution. The self-lubricating Acetal polymer sheaves running on polished Stainless Steel races perform equally well with dynamic loads and high static loads. For durability and a long service life, these blocks are the right choice for sheets, halyards and control line applications for cruising and racing.
Sheave design features side ribs to minimise weight and enhance strength. Self-lubricating Acetal polymer minimises friction and ensures dependable load bearing reliability.
- Exceptionally high working loads
- Low maintenance, long service life
- Self-lubricating Acetal polymer sheave ensures low friction and extreme durability
- Mainsheet and halyard applications, vang and spinnaker control lines on boats to 10m (33ft)
- Suitable for boats up to 12m (40ft)
Read more about RF66100
Removable Lashing Padeyes
- Removable padeye, allows the block and padeye to be easily removed when not in use.
- Included dust cover on removable padeyes prevents grit from entering the threaded socket and provides a clean, flush finish when the padeye is removed.
- Lightweight, strong alloy construction.
- Lashing Padeyes are ideal for use with Dyneema® lashings/strops
– RF2437-12 up to 10mm (3/8”)
– RF2437-16 up to 12mm (1/2”).
- Also available in all-stainless steel models to special order.
Clear Start™New 40mm & 50mm Clear Start™ Sailing Watches
The Clear Start™ range has been around for many years and is one of the most popular sailing watches on the market – used by sailors of all levels from club racers to Olympic medallists and AC sailors. Development and testing assisted by Chris Nicholson, 3x 49er World Champ, 3x 5o5 World Champ, 18’ Skiff champ, Olympian and VOR Skipper (he has sailed our watches around the world!)
- Three new 50mm watch models
- New 40mm compact watch model in stylish black/red colour
- Multi-line display – allowing you to monitor the approach of the official race start sequence in real time without switching between modes.
- Additional intermediate sound signals at critical start sequence time points.
- Optimised design for maximum durability, reliability and service life – double gasket sealed buttons, hibernating pre-sale state to maximise battery life.
- Ultra-clear, durable sapphire coated mineral crystal lens on Stainless Steel models
- Direct switching between daily time and race modes, avoiding time consuming scrolling through multiple modes and functions.
Low Friction Rings
- Compact & lightweight
- Low friction
- Deep, secure lashing groove
- Simple & reliable design
- Low maintenance
A result of trickle-down from Grand Prix yacht racing Ronstan's range of Low Friction Rings provide an outstanding strength to weight solution where the absolute minimum friction of a ball bearing block is not required. That being said, the performance difference between well and poorly executed versions of these simple products is marked. The basic appearance of the Ronstan Low Friction Ring range belies an exacting development process that investigated, tested and delivered optimised performance in strength, weight, friction, line wear and security.
Ronstan Low Friction Rings are machined from high grade aluminium with a durable low friction anodised coating and are available in three sizes to suit lines up to 14mm (9/16").
Common applications for Ronstan Low Friction Rings on racing and cruising yachts:
- Jib leads
- Lazy jacks
- Furling line leads
Read more about Ronstan Low Friction Rings
A Vaavud™ wind meter will turn your smartphone into a high-tech meteorological tool. It enables you to take accurate wind readings and works on the most popular smart phones when using the free Vaavud App.Design
Two models with slightly different characteristics are available: Mjolnir and Sleipnir.
The design of the Vaavud™ Sleipnir wind meter is inspired partly by professional cup anemometers, and partly by a Danish developed wind turbine with vertical blades. An asymmetrical rotor accelerates slightly when the largest surface is hit by the wind. The built-in sensor makes 40.000 measurements per second allowing the app to detect even the slightest variations in wind speed. This high frequency signal can be used to derive both wind speed and direction.
The design of the Vaavud™ Mjolnir is inspired by professional cup anemometers, but with two cups instead of three, to make the device pocket friendly and super rugged. The Vaavud wind meter has a one piece durable plastic rotor and low friction teflon bearing. To make the wind meter can withstand anything, the wind meter uses a revolutionary electronic free method of communicating directly to the magnetic field sensor in you smartphone.App
The Vaavud™ App measures and displays wind speed in a popular units of measurement. It has a neat and clean interface that shows the most important wind characteristics: actual, mean and max wind speeds. The smoothed graph provides additional data on variations in strength as well as a quick overview. The graph supports both drag and pinch to zoom so data can be viewed in fine detail.
A live map gives you access to measurements made by other Vaavud™ users around the globe within the past 24 hours. You can zoom in to pinpoint the reading location and tapping on a map measurement reveals further details and other nearby measurements.Precise
The Vaavud™ device has a wind range of 1 m/s up to 40 m/s. Precision is the least of +- 4% or 0.2 m/s. The wind meter has been tested and calibrated in a professional wind tunnel at the Technical University of Denmark. The cup anemometer design make it much less sensitive to the way you point the wind meter.Compatible smartphones
The Vaavud wind meter application works on iOS or Android smartphones. The electronic less signal transfer requires magnetic field sensor, often called a digital compass, in your phone. To be able to detect high wind speed this sensor needs to have a high update frequency. We have confirmed that the wind meter will work on these phones in the full working range.
Series 45 CoreBlocks
Core Blocks™ are a true all round solution. A tuned 2-stage bearing system provides excellent performance across the full working load range with an integrated thrust bearing feature and the resilience to handle high dynamic or static loads. Acetal & aluminium sheave options, alloy cheeks and stainless fixings complete the durable package. For reliability and a long service life, these blocks are the right choice for sheets, halyards and control line applications for cruising and racing.
- Universal Bearing - Dynamic and high static load performance
- Acetal & aluminium sheave options
- Aluminium alloy cheek plates
- Universal head
- Suits pre-spliced lines
- Fully articulated stand-up
Available in four colour options - blue, green, grey and red with several attachment options, including webbing, pigtail, lashing and dyneema links, it will be the obvious choice for those kitesurfers, paragliders, control line deflections and purchase systems that require a lightweight high load capacity block.
The applications are unlimited, including kitesurfing, paragliders, sports kites, power kites, stunt kites, depower kites, traction kites, for deflection or purchase system on control linesFeatures
- Performance & versatility
- Ultra lightweight
- Ultra compact
- Colour coded
- Impact resistant
- Small line optimised
- High load capacity
- Poor alignment tolerant
- Soft attachment compatible
- Grit & salt resistant
Quick-Lock™Power, Performance & Intuitive Operation
The Ronstan Quick-Lock™ is the quickest and most user friendly winch handle available for racing
and cruising sailors alike. In addition to its super fast grab-and-release mechanism for foolproof single handed removal, it is the only handle to feature the patented auto quick-locking mechanism that lets you put the handle in the winch without depressing a lever or rotating a knob – it couldn’t be easier!
Ronstan Quick-Lock™ allows you to immediately place the drive head into the winch socket, without the need to rotate a knob or depress a button. Its stainless steel locking lever then retains the handle securely in place until you are ready to remove it.
Constrictor Textile Rope Clutch
Unlike all conventional clutches the Constrictor® system does not crush the rope between two metal surfaces. Instead, the loaded rope is held securely in a textile sock, itself attached to an anchor base. The rope runs freely through the sock in one direction, but is gripped instantly within the sock when running out in the opposite direction. This constrictor effect, patented by COUSIN Trestec, provides increasing holding power as the load increases.
- Stronger: The standard Constrictor® range provides 2x the holding power of conventional rope clutches, and custom solutions are available with holding power up to the break load of the rope!
- Lighter: The Constrictor is at least 3x lighter than conventional rope clutches.
- No Abrasion or Rupture: The unique textile sock closes like an octopus on the line, providing effective load distribution and outstanding grip; a result of fibre-to-fibre contact that is far less aggressive than traditional metal cams.
- Safely Release Under Load: The line can quickly and easily be released under load without the need of a winch, simply by pulling the control lanyard. This can be an important safety consideration in situations where immediate release is required.
- Remote Release System: The Dyneema® control lanyard can be extended to provide remote release, making it ideal for applications such as mast-head mounted halyard to eliminate mast compression loads and halyard creep.